Search and Reunion Resources

Pennsylvania-specific resources

  • Enacted November 3, 2016, Act 127 of 2016 permits Pennsylvania-born adoptees who are at least 18 years of age and have graduated from high school, completed a GED, or have legally withdrawn from secondary schooling to apply for a noncertified copy of their original birth record. Birth parents may elect to redact their names from the original birth record and submit a contact preference form to indicate whether or not they wish to be contacted by the adoptee.

  • An overview of Act 101 of 2010, which amended the Pennsylvania Adoption Act.

  • An Act amending Title 23 (Domestic Relations) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in adoption, further providing for hearing, for alternative procedure for relinquishment and for grounds for involuntary termination; providing for voluntary agreement for continuing contact; further providing for impounding of proceedings and access to records and for medical history information; providing for records and access to information; establishing an information registry; and making editorial changes.

  • This brochure may be reprinted and distributed at support groups, adoption events, libraries, community centers, and any place where distribution would be permitted

  • PAIR is a registry where parties to adoption (as defined by Act 101) may submit or obtain information. Parties may file a consent to release information in the event someone is seeking information on or contact with them. A party may also request information from the registry as one step in an adoption search.

  • This link will take you to the Pennsylvania Adoption Exchange (PAE) site. Click on the "forms" link on the left side of the page. All of the forms begin with "Act 101." These forms will assist you in filing or seeking information.

  • This link will take you to the Department of Health, Division of Vital Records. At the top of the page see "My Records" then "Registries" and then "Adoption." This is another agency with which you can file a consent or check to see if a consent has been filed.